HLI Terms of Reference
The following Terms of Reference describe the philosophy and roles of Health Libraries Inc.
In the case of any misunderstanding or misinterpretation the Model Rules of Incorporation will override those within the HLI Terms of Reference.
The purpose of Health Libraries Inc. is to:
- promote the continuing professional development of all who work in Victorian Health Libraries
- support health libraries and those who work in them
- encourage discussion and disseminate information
- provide the means for networking between members.
- Is available to any person or organisation with an interest in health libraries
- An annual membership fee will be charged
- Only financial members will be eligible to nominate for executive positions and vote at meetings
- A register of members will be established and maintained.
- An Annual General Meeting will be held prior to the end of the financial year.
- The HLI Committee will meet monthly with a minimum of 10 meetings per year.
- The business of the committee will be documented and available to the members of the association.
- All committee and Annual General Meeting minutes will be sent to the HLI e-list and archived in the HLI web site. Minutes will include a report from all committee portfolios.
- The main publication of Health Libraries Inc. is Health Inform. The journal will be published three times a year.
3.1 Quorum for Committee meetings
- Quorum shall consist of half the members plus one including one Executive member (As per Model Rules of Incorporation)
4. The HLinc Committee
The following portfolios form the HLI Executive:
- Health Inform Editor/s.
The following portfolios will be allocated to general committee members as required:
- Professional Development
- Country Representative
- Social events
- Membership and subscriptions
- Promotions and publicity
- Assistant Editor
- Industrial Information Officer
- Conference Convenor
- Further portfolios or sub committees may be established as required.
4.1 Portfolio Roles and Responsibilities
A description of the role and responsibilities for each portfolio will added to the HLI website.
4.2 Appointment of the HLI Committee
All committee positions are declared vacant prior to the Annual General Meeting.
Nominations will be called for and outcomes announced at the AGM Where two or more nominations are received a ballot will be held for the membership to elect a candidate. Additional members can be co-opted to the HLI Committee as required If required non members can be co-opted to the HLI Committee for a limited period Anyone from the membership who is financial can nominate for a position on the HLI Committee.
To reflect any changes in the role or purpose of HLI these Terms of Reference will be reviewed and updated annually and placed on the web site.